There’s always a lot of questions about adoption and information events are one of the best ways to get an overview of how it all works and to hear directly from adoption experts.
At Adopt Coast to Coast, we hold three online adoption information events every single month. They are at different times of the day as well as on the weekend – making sure we offer an event to suit most schedules. We also offer one-to-one appointments for those who find this more convenient. We know there’s a lot to think about when starting your adoption story, so we’ve put together a little guide as to what you should expect to learn from an Adopt Coast to Coast adoption information event.
- What adoption is – we’ll explain the different types of adoption and the legal rights of adopters
- About the children – why the children and babies in our care need to find a forever home through adoption and we’ll give you an overview of the type of children we are looking to find families for
- How long it takes to adopt – this is often our most asked question so we’ll explain how you could be matched with a child within 6-12 months
- What the process is – from making the initial enquiry to getting references, training, and the official checks required in Stage 1, to working with your social worker to create a Prospective Adopter Report in Stage 2. We’ll take you right through to being approved as an adopter and then being matched with a child or children and go through to post-adoption support once an Adoption Order is granted
- About adopters – covering who can adopt and what makes a good adopter as well as things to consider in your decision making
- What adoption is really like – hear first-hand from someone who has adopted themselves. Our guest speaker will talk about their own experiences, the ups and downs of the process, and share insight into their own family life
- Who we are – find out how Adopt Coast to Coast works and how we can help you start or grow your family
- Answers to your questions – there will be plenty of opportunities for you to ask questions throughout the event and both our Adopt Coast to Coast team and our guest speaker are happy to answer any questions you may have. We encourage you to get in touch with any questions that spring to mind after the event too
- A friendly welcome – we know it can be a daunting experience to attend an adoption information event, so we encourage participants to join in as much or as little as they feel comfortable. It helps that you can join us from wherever you are, and we even throw in a couple of bad jokes to make you feel right at home
- The next steps – if you’re ready to progress after our information event, you’ll know exactly how to do it and who to speak to. If you’re still not sure if adoption is right for you, we’ll happily answer any questions you may have and we’ll always be here if you want to come back at a later date
View our June events Book a one-to-one appointment